While a clean garage sounds nice, when it comes down to actually cleaning out the garage on your own it can be a very daunting task. Thankfully, you don’t have to handle it alone. At Junk Removal Plus of Frisco we’re garage junk removal professionals and we are excited to assist! Whether you need to clear out some larger items or a storage unit full of junky junk, we’ll get your space cleaned out in a jiffy.
How to cleanout a garage full of junk
Garages can easily fill up with junk and when they do, finding items you need can be as hard as putting a camel through the eye of a needle. If that’s the situation you are in, follow this easy guidance to clean out your garage and bring back to its true purpose.
- Give yourself enough time. Going too quickly on a cleaning job will only amount to more work that needs to be done. To do it right, plan to spend a few days cleaning your garage.
- Divide your items into categories. Your garage should operate similar to a store where each section has its own items. Move your outdoor stuff together, the sporting equipment together, your garden items together, and create any other sections that make sense. Once you have categorized all of the items, decide what needs to go and what can stay. The more detailed you are in this part of the process, the easier the rest of the garage cleanout will be overall.
- Throw away, sell, or give away items that don’t belong there. Place any remaining items in a throw away pile to be tasked with later. Turn your junk into someone else’s treasure by selling or donating it if it’s usable.
- Hire extra help. While you might be able to do it on your own, our professionals at Junk Removal Plus of Frisco are trained to handle cleanouts with ease. This way you can enjoy a clean garage without the additional hassle.
- Figure out the ideal garage layout. Now that you have separated all of your items into distinct piles, determine where these sections are going to live.Due to the space needed to park your car, you may need to install shelves to get some items off the ground.
- Put everything in its place. Now that you’ve thought about where things are going to fit, it’s time to put the puzzle together. Be patient, things don’t always work out perfectly the first time. The important thing to remember is that all of this is going to benefit you in the future, so take your time to do it right.
- Call junk removal to discard your unwanted items or do it yourself. Most of the time, the junk in our garage is too big for municipal waste services. If this is the case for you, call your local Junk Removal Plus to responsibly handle your garage waste
How to organize your garage
Once you’ve cleaned out your garage, and you know how much time and energy it took to do it, you’ll want to implement some space-saving strategies to stay organized. Proper storage solutions will help keep clutter at bay and allow you to find items with ease.
Use these tips to keep your garage tidy:
- Install shelves to add layers of organization
- Use storage bins to keep similar items together
- Think vertically and hang tools, bikes, and toys
- Designate cubbies or places where each person can store their items
- Think ahead by planning the space needed for seasonal items
Keeping a garage organized is the easiest way to save time and energy when it comes to a full garage cleanout. Check out our garage organization tips for more information!
Your local garage cleanout provider
We make garage junk removal easy. It starts with our simple scheduling process, just give us a call, text or visit us online and choose a time that is convenient for you. Ask about our yard waste cleanup service too if you want to kill two birds in one stone! On the day of your Frisco junk removal, we’ll give you a text/email update via our industry leading software before we arrive to let you know when to expect us.
Here’s how our junk removal service works:
1. Easily schedule your free onsite estimate online or by calling 972-695-9851
2. Our friendly, professional team members will notify you when we are on the way.
3. When we arrive, just point to the garage you want to be cleaned out and we’ll provide you with an up-front, all-inclusive price.
4. Once you give the word, we’ll clean out your garage, and finish by cleaning up the area of any remaining debris and trash. We will recycle and donate anything we can, anytime it’s feasible.